Thank you for the reminder, Pinterest. The last few nights I've been obsessed with my to-do lists...carefully writing and rewriting them...and when I'm not writing them, I'm thinking about other things I need to add to them...or feeling guilty for not doing the things on the list...
I have no one to blame but myself and my obsessive compulsive lists. I'm driving myself bananas.
So I wanted to make a list of all the wonderful things I did this week that were NOT on my to-do list. So I can remember the joys of experiencing life sans to-do's (but not without lists because that's impossible for me. I love them!).
GREAT THINGS I DID THIS WEEK NOT ON MY TO DO LIST:
- Had a delicious dinner with Teira last night at a yummy Italian restaurant.
- Watched multiple episodes of Veep, which I am loooooving.
- Read my book on Edward Snowden. It makes me feel so educated!
- Talked to my mom, dad, and sister on the phone.
- Made multiple tasty (and healthy!) dinners with Brandon, using veggies and herbs from our garden to boot.
- Talked to our dear friend Dr. Dave Miller on the phone.
- Watched Drunk History, aka the greatest show ever made.
- Took three walks, two by myself and one with the wonderful Angela.
All of this joy, and none of it was on my to-do list!
I hope you all have a great weekend. Although ticking some stuff off your to-do list this weekend will feel pretty good, try to spend some time away from it too...doing the things you love spontaneously!